[LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri May 4 04:54:09 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 08:33:35PM -0700, William Weston wrote:

> Velocity sensitivity mapping and a modulation matrix are already on the
> TODO list.  Aftertouch handling should be very similar to velocity
> handling.

Cool. Real luxury would be having curves (comparable to GIMP's gradation
curves) so influence isn't limited to being linear.

For Ardour, a routing matrix is planned. I wonder if the requirements
might be comparable enough for a common implementation / shared code.

> Left click is reserved for future drag and drop capabilities.

Wow.

> > You could use a single checkbox in those cases where you have
> > Off/On radio buttons.
>
> Most of the widgets used will be changing once I can come up with a truly
> better way of handling things.  For on/off buttons, I'm thinking of
> something that looks like a mechanical toggle switch.

I have been thinking about mechanical looking switches. The problem is
that they look like something that needs to be moved/dragged, while
simple clicking is the only sane operation efficiency-wise.

You could use toggle buttons. It's quite braindead that common themes
make them look like command buttons, but you could add an icon that
looks like an LED or change the colours to make the button look like
one of those milky-translucent backlit buttons like Korg and Roland
use.

> Thanks for the read.  The sliders with text really seem to solve the
> screen real-estate issue.  I'll have to rethink the use of sliders all
> over again.

Would be nice to see them implemented.
As part of the Phat toolkit, perhaps ;)
Sven of the GIMP team showed some interest, what could lead to another
chance of implementation.

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software: