[LAU] ANNOUNCE: PHASEX v0.10.0

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:10:12 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 05:52:16PM +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 04 May 2007 05:42, William Weston wrote:
> > On Thu, 3 May 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > Well it looks superb. I've still to hear it, as I'm attempting to
> > > initially build it on FC2, but am getting a problem with "make".
> > >
> > > What are the build requirements for Phasex? I don't want to waste a lot
> > > of time trying to get it to build on FC2, if it's not possible.
> >
> > I wouldn't expect it to be possible on FC2.  Not until I take the time to
> > make the GTK code compile on older versions of GTK-2.x.
>

> > Could you let me know how that FC5 and Debian builds go?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --ww
>
> It builds ok on Debian Etch, using v0.10.1, but segfaults after a few seconds,
> even without touching anything on the GUI. If I try to load a patch, or open
> the file menu, it segfaults immediately. GTK version on Etch is libgtk2.0-0
> installed 2.8.20-7.  Output from starting Phasex on the CLI below.

Strangely, it builds and plays fine on my Debian system... I have
been running SID, but have not updated everything for quite some
time, so some of my stuff will be newer than Etch, some older.

My version of GTK is libgtk2.0-0 (that's the rather confusing
Debian name for it, because actually it is 2.10.11-2).

By the way, I think most of the output is probably a red herring,
because I also get lots of error messages, but it does not affect
the functioning of the program...

(<unknown>:14918): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_pixbuf: assertion
`GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:14918): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_pixbuf: assertion
`GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

(<unknown>:14918): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_pixbuf: assertion
`GDK_IS_PIXBUF (pixbuf)' failed

... and so on...

James