[LAU] Advice / Listeners needed

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed May 9 15:39:01 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I do have kind of a strange situation here: A band is currently recording
their first (and probably last) album at my home studio. In parallel they
started a webpage and since one of their songs doesn't really fit on the cd
(different mood) this song will be published on the internet for free...

That song is finished. At least that is what I think. The one playing the
violin isn't happy with the performance. And knows that he can't do any
better. But for some songs we have a cello and now he wants to have his
violin-parts replaced with cello playing the same.

The problem:
1. Our (especially my) time is limited and that is only the internet-teaser.
If we do one or two rerecordings for each song after I mastered them the
first time, the cd is going to be published summer 2008 or even 2009.
2. That song should have been on the net a month or more ago...
3. As the one playing the cello is doing that for business it will definitely
sound better and cleaner. But he isn't part of the regular band. So you will
hear something on the net which isn't the band.
4. Everyone (except the violinist) who listened to the song in one of the
(pre-)mastered versions didn't think of the violin-tracks as bad and in need
of rerecording.

The solution:
I ask you (yes, you) for your comments:
http://www.bloomingdesert.de/files/files/there_is_not_much-delta-2007-05-07.mp3

Should I go through the trouble of mixing and mastering again just to replace
the violin?

Other comments are welcome too... ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Arnold

PS: The band doesn't know that I am prereleasing the song to you... I just
don't know whom else to ask about the song, my wife, brother and even
everyone else in the band thinks of the song as finished.
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---