[LAU] Shopping for a linux distro

Diego Palopoli diegopalopoli1974 at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 16:03:38 EDT 2007

I tested, not exactly a distribution, but some program name "autoplayiso",
maybe it can help you, if you want to check out the source code.

This program allow you to create a .iso image with few features, then you
burn a CD and boot with it, what you will get will be ->

1) a gnu/linux window manager very very little (based on LIMP distribution)
2) an mplayer with your movie film ready to start
3) none window manager

Maybe you can look at LIMP distribution, to know how they have used "ram
disk" and starting X, and then, use autoplayiso software (source code) to
know how to start X with some applications (in this particulary case,
mplayer).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/autoplayiso
http://sourceforge.net/projects/limp-vkk-ver1/

Regards.