[LAU] music made with Linux

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Fri May 11 06:26:39 EDT 2007

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 07:30:35AM +0200, Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Josh Lawrence wrote:
>
> >http://www.hardbop200.com/2007/05/10/new-tune-like-monk/
>
> Nice. The piano-part is by far the best, and it sure sounds like monk.

I would agree.. It is a really nice piece. Really great piano
playing! I love the timings.. spot on for the start! What piano
sound did you use? Sounds pretty good for a soundfont.

The bass is a little unrealistic in places. The drum phrasing
sounds somewhat unvaried... But jazz drumming is so hard to get
right.

Overall, it is a nice little snippet. Could be really great with
a bit more work.

James