[LAU] Freezups in Musix 2.6.21-rt Kernel

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon May 14 18:22:31 EDT 2007

El Lun 14 May 2007 16:38, David Baron escribió:
 | On Monday 14 May 2007, Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
 | > On 5/14/07, David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il> wrote:
 | > > Simply using qjackctl's connections to feed usb midi um1 to my sw60xg
 | > > (run as
 | > > mpu401) to play some notes to compose a song. I have had the system
 | > > freeze up
 | > > a few times now doing this. Never happened before (and certainly do
 | > > not require any real time capabalities to do this).
 | > >
 | > > Who gets the bug? And what info could I supply (since the system
 | > > freezes, I
 | > > have no log entries about this).
 | > >
 | > > Running realtime-lsm (I know it's obsolete but do not have rlimits
 | > > available
 | > > and do not know how to use it).
 | > >
 | > > Running "das-watchdog". This should have trapped any rt freezeup but
 | > > maybe this does not work with rt preemptive kernels.
 | >
 | > send us the pc_info file (from the admin screen)
 |
 | Where do I find this file? The next time I boot this kernel, I will send
 | it. _______________________________________________

Hi, there is a small script that will obtain important info from your hardware
here, attached: pcinfo.sh

I dont think it could help "us" too much, but I can report this bahavior to
the kernel hackers along with your PC's info.

Tapani (the man who build this kernel) is in contact with the realtime patches
people and many others (Klaus Knopper, etc.), so, maybe they can see what
it's happening here.

BTW: _maybe_ there will be new realtime patched kernels "soon" (for now,
we "only", have this new one: http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/linux-2.6.21.1/
[not realtime parched]).

PS: send me the pcinfo.txt file into a private mail, please.

Regards,

--
     `&'
      #           Marcos Guglielmetti