[LAU] drum soundfont

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Wed May 16 03:55:59 EDT 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:52:23PM -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:37:43PM +0100, James Stone wrote:
> > They are now available for download at:
> >
> > http://www.to11.org/lau_drum_soundfonts/
> >
> > Thanks for everyone's help with this, particularly to Tim for
> > hosting the files.
> >
> > The main one to grab is the "kit" file. The other three contain
> > all the samples if you are wanting to put your own kit together,
> > or write a drum track with a _lot_ of subtle variation in drum
> > sounds.
>
> Or to create a Hydrogen drumkit for it. Which is the format I'd probably convert it into.

Sounds good, although it would be easier to do that from the
original samples I guess.

It would be good if you distribute your hydrogen drumkit.

One thing with soundfonts that seems to be better than hydrogen
is that you can set one sound to cut another (like hi-hats). Is
that possible in Hydrogen? I haven't heard that in any of the
kits I have..

The main reason I chose soundfont was so it could be easily used
in Rosegarden/dssi though.

James