[LAU] Re: linuxaudio hosting - drum soundfont

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Thu May 17 01:43:12 EDT 2007

onsdag 16 maj 2007 17:16 skrev Ismael Valladolid Torres:
> Robin Gareus escribe:
> > linuxaudio.org only provides mirrors, but no original content. We can
> > not [yet] guarantee the download service! fi. our bandwidth has been
> > pretty much at the limit due to the vast amount of recent ubuntustudio
> > downloads..
>
> Educating people so they use bittorrent instead of direct downloads is
> starting to be a must.

Agree, but you still have to seed it from a reasonably stable point and with
fairly high upstream bandwidth to cope with lack of seeders from time to
time. But with the newly proposed "Web seeding" (actually one of two
suggestions) it will be much easier to do that. You just need a web server.

/bengan