[LAU] gentoo users help! Jack with freebob

mea belgeler at seznam.cz
Thu May 17 08:36:19 EDT 2007

Hello experienced gentoo users!
I am in the middle of my first gentoo install and stuck with this
problem. I am trying to compile jack with freebob enabled, emerge
--search didn't find freebob so I installed it with the classic method
configure make make install. Beforehand I had to emerge couple of libs,
and everything went fine. Then, following an advice from the irc
#gentoo_amd64 I created the directories /etc/portage/env,
/etc/portage/env/media-sound,
/etc/portage/env/media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit/ and inside this
the file jack-audio-connection-kit in which I put
EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-freebob" (I also tried --enable-libfreebob).
Afterwards I (re)emerged jack. But no avail, jackd -d freebob says
"jackd: unknown driver 'freebob'" I'd appreciate any tips, thanks in
advance,
Best
mea