[LAU] How to connect to an existing ecasound daemon?

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri May 18 05:14:16 EDT 2007

Hi!
  Another alternative is to use telnet to connect to your ecasound or any
other telnet client, that suites you best.
  telnet localhost 2868
  Worked fine for me... Well almost. You can issue ecasound-commands (iam and
commandline). You can receive basic output.
  Question: Do you let your ecasound-daemon run in the background, I mean
bound to no more tty? If not so, you could just se ecasound -c --daemon as
well.
  Hope that helps
  Kindest regards
        Julien