[LAU] Lash compatibility...

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:51:10 EDT 2007

On 5/17/07, James <everamzah at gmail.com> wrote:
> i second that. i have been going thru a lot of source code (i have it all on
> my hd anyway, so might as well) in the hopes of picking up on how to
> program. strange place to start i know. but important programs like ghostess
> (which i realize isn't meant to be a full-blown dssi host, but is the best
> "simple" option atm) really need to be lash compliant in order to be fully
> usable.
>
> of course, a wishlist could go on for ages so i'll stfu ;)
>

> On 5/17/07, James Stone <jamesmstone at gmail.com > wrote:
> > Just wondered if anyone has considered adding Lash compatibility
> > to ghostess? It would really make seq24 an even more amazing
> > program than it is already....
> >
> > It is a shame more linux audio apps have not picked up on lash.
> > IMHO it is one of the key things preventing linux audio from
> > steaming ahead of the competition..
> >
> > I would be more than happy to put in time to help with this, if
> > there is anything I can do.. I am afraid my c skills are rather
> > poor though, and I would not know where to start with this,
> > unless someone could point me to some nice example code!
> >
> > Anyway, please don't read this post as moaning. It is just
> > written with the earnest hope of improving the situation with
> > linux audio.
> >
> > James
> >

> --
> james/everamzah

I've been meaning to take a crack at it as a way of learning LASH (so
I can add suport to my own project).  I'll try to take a look at it in
the next few weeks, although my time is very limited.

I'd also like to change the GUI to use a GtkTreeView (useing the
ListStore), so it looks like a list of plugins, one per line.
Double-clicking the line would bring up the plugin's GUI.