[LAU] [ANN] jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released

Nedko Arnaudov nedko at arnaudov.name
Sat May 19 06:46:58 EDT 2007

Dragan Noveski <perodog at gmx.net> writes:

> Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
>> jack_mixer version 5 "Seventeen Moments of Spring" released.
>>
>> jack_mixer is GTK (2.x) JACK audio mixer with look similar to it`s
>> hardware counterparts. It has lot of useful features, apart from being
>> able to mix multiple JACK audio streams.
>>
>> Changes since version 4:
>>  * fix building against older jack versions (i.e. not latest svn)
>>
>> Changes since version 3:
>>
>>  * Improve configure script
>>  * Remove SWIG dependency for tarball sources
>>  * JACK MIDI support (sample accurate automation of volume and balance/panorama)
>>
>> Homepage with screenshots: http://home.gna.org/jackmixer/
>>
>> Download: http://download.gna.org/jackmixer/
>>

> hi nedko,
> it looks strange for me, jack_mixer is compiling very well, but trying
> to start it:
>
> nowhiskey at murija2:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$ jack_mixer
> PHAT audio widgets not found, some features will not be available
> Cannot load Python bindings for GConf, your preferences will not be
> preserved across jack_mixer invocations
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/jack_mixer", line 42, in ?
>     from serialization_xml import xml_serialization
>   File "/usr/local/bin/../share/jack_mixer/serialization_xml.py", line
>   23, in ?
>     import xml.dom.ext
> ImportError: No module named ext
> nowhiskey at murija2:~/software/nove/jack_mixer/jack_mixer-5$
>
> the version3 was working just fine here.
> do you have any idea what is causing this error?

Chances are that you have added lash to your system and PyXML (0.8.4
should work) is required for jack_mixer lash support to work.

This requirement is mentioned in INSTALL file but configure script
should detect such problem of course ;)

So try installing PyXML or disabling jack_mixer LASH support.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>