[LAU] Ardour-Rosegarden mixdown

Louis Gorenfeld louis.gorenfeld at gmail.com
Sat May 19 18:56:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,
  I'd asked on this list about this a few months back and didn't
receive any replies, and then wrote again but the old server bounced
the message.  So, I apologize for any excessive repeats in advance.

When I mix my tracks down from Rosegarden 5.1 to Ardour .99.3, I've
been using a realtime record to a stereo Ardour track.  However, I'd
like to do a non-realtime mixdown.  I've been told that Rosegarden and
Ardour are supposed to sync during an export if Rosegarden is an input
to a bus, and this will cause JACK to snap into a non-realtime mode.
But, when I try this, it just exports silence, and Rosegarden doesn't
seem to ever react.

Has anyone tried this?  Any success?

Thanks in advance,
Louis