[LAU] Generic Linux keyboard

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Sun May 20 08:59:47 EDT 2007

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 12:56:24PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Gruess Dich Al! :-)
>   Nop, MIDI is most certainly not the right kind of protocol for this purpose.
> I thought: perhaps a combination of MIDI and USB. You could transfer all the
> MIDI-stuff via MIDI and the more complex app interface output and
> configurations via USB. But I'm not aware of anything like it.
>   Do you know if the windows world has anything like it?
>   Kindest regards
>        Julien

On the USB track.. there is a program called xhkeys which allows
programming particular functions to any single keypress on the
(qwerty) keyboard. This could be useful for launching particular
apps, and loading patches with an extended keyboard (like the
cherry Linux keyboard for example).

With a standard midi keyboard, it is simple to change presets for
soundfonts etc.

James