[LAU] No1 hit (last.fm Linux Audio Users’s )

Bengt Gördén bengan at kthnoc.net
Tue May 22 02:15:58 EDT 2007

måndag 21 maj 2007 22:41 skrev lanas:
> Le Mardi, 21 Mai 2007 18:55:38 +0200,
>
> Bengt Gördén <bengan at kthnoc.net> a écrit :
> > http://www.last.fm/group/Linux+Audio+Users
>
>  Thanks for mentionning this place.  I did not know of last.fm before.
> I quickly did a search on 'Isildurs Bane' and they have something.  A
> place that has Isildurs Bane can't be wrong ! :-)

:-)

I've totally forgotten about them. When I lived in Halmstad Sweden I did go to
see them a few times.

>   I don't know how it works but I presume it is the bands that put their
> own tunes there.

Yes. When you make an account you can upload video and audio. I haven't done
that. I just like the charts that they produce. And especially the neighbor
thing. I have found several artists through that.

> And then listeners are making a top 10s based on
> their listening frequencies.  Isn't it ?

Yes. That's how I understood it. They produce a lot of charts.

But I think that last.fm suffers from very heavy load that they can't rellay
cope with. The site is some times really really slow

/bengan