[LAU] Multi-track recorder with keyboard interface

Andre Majorel aym-psd at teaser.fr
Tue May 22 16:46:07 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-04 15:49 -0400, carmen wrote:
> On Fri May 04, 2007 at 09:44:08PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> > Is there a multi-track recorder that is designed to be operated
> > with keystrokes instead of mouse clicks ? It doesn't have to
> > support Jack, editing, plugins, MIDI or anything fancy. It doesn't
> > matter whether it uses curses or X. But it *has* to be optimised
> > for mouseless use.
>
> protux seemed to be designed for this style of working (ok it
> said keyboard + mouse, with an emphasis on keyboard)
>
> perhaps ecawave.. or snd... in that thyere likely easy to
> customize the keystrokes.

Thanks for the suggestions Carmen and Frank.

As far as I can see, Protux is really a traditional WIMP program
with slightly less sucky keyboard shortcuts.

snd is too general for what I need (and I never was able to "get"
it).

Ecawave looks more promising but, like snd, it's too general.
Unless I'm missing something, creating and arming tracks are
many-keystrokes operations.

> cant you adjust keystrokse really easily in ardour2?

It's not about bindings, it's about being designed from the start
with the keyboard in mind. Ardour uses the WIMP model.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.