[LAU] PHASEX-0.10.2

William Weston weston at sysex.net
Thu May 24 06:24:51 EDT 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Just to confirm that phasex-0.10.2 now builds ok on Fedora Core 2.

Great!  Which GTK version are your running?  (I've only been able to
confirm versions as low as 2.4.x so far).

> I still get missed notes though (Xruns). I don't know if this is a Jack
> problem, and it would be nice if some subsequent version might include using
> Alsa as an alternative to Jack for audio out.

Try out version 0.10.3, as it has fixes for the file menu slowness
(which would cause xruns for me) and file dialog slowness (which
would cause xruns for others).

I've been thinking about ALSA audio support, since I'm planning to
rework the audio output system to handle other audio frameworks
(like DSSI) anyway.  This is a little bit down the road (since
there's other optimizations that really need to be made), but as of
now ALSA audio is officially going on the TODO list.

Thanks for the build report,
--ww