[LAU] Octaver or fuzztone effect

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:27:47 EDT 2007

On 5/26/07, Georg Holzmann <georg.holzmann at student.kug.ac.at> wrote:

> Hallo!
>
> > I'm actually a keyboard player with a korg triton classic and some
> > relatively good guitar sounds ;-). I found some schematics for building
> > a cheap fuzztone, but I've got plenty of excuses for trying to do this
>
> can you show this schematics ?
>
> I think a fuzztone is only a simple waveshaper (?) - this could be made
> quite easy in e.g. PD ...

Sure, here's two versions:

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Library/1355/tonemachine.gif
http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/foxxfuzz.gif

Pretty simple, but I live in Brazil and getting these parts may be hard and
I am currently tight for time. Here's a guy who actually built these and has
some tips:

http://www.slinkp.com/pw_toys/foxx

Still trying to do this in software though for now. Any ideas?
Robert