[LAU] playing a multichannel DVD-A in Linux

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Sun May 27 16:03:18 EDT 2007

Thanks Phil for the reply, according to the VLC web site there is no
support for DVD-A. I installed it and tried anyways and the results
are the same: it only plays the Video part with stereo audio. So far
it looks that only WinDVD and PowerDVD can play DVD-A but of course
only for Windows. It looks like it's a licensing issue and the fact
that aob files are encripted in a way that makes it impossible to
rip... unless someone here knows how.

Hector