[LAU] playing a multichannel DVD-A in Linux

Hector Centeno hcengar at gmail.com
Mon May 28 20:55:33 EDT 2007

Thanks for the information. I'm more interested in playing the DVD-A
rather than ripping it. I was wondering about ripping as an option for
playback from Ardour, for example. There seems to be no Linux software
that can play DVD-A, as far as I can see. The DVD-A I'm trying to play
has only a stereo version in the VIDEO_TS directory and not 5.1. My
standalone DVD player can't read the AUDIO_TS directory at all so
adding SPDIF outputs is not a way to go for me, thanks anyway for the
tip, it's interesting to learn that such modifications can be done.

Hector