[LAU] Whysynth and MIDI channels

Nick Copeland nickycopeland at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 17:19:43 EDT 2007

>Indeed. And to enable that, the defaults that maybe convenient for
>a novice should _never_ be coded into any app, let alone a system,
>but be provided in the the default config file /etc/blabla.conf,

The proposal remains then that this file should contain something
reminiscent of OMNI as that is a reflection of the goals of MIDI. As you
state, this is stuff that a novice does not want to know about and as such
the system per default should do exactly what a novice wants: a connection.

The content for any other user who is savvy of their applications should be
whatever they want to put in there, but why are we expecting the novice to
have to be faced with this very stuff that you admit should not be their
business - simply because the default _forces_ them to be confronted with
it? If you think the novice should not be faced with these details then the
default should provide for that which the novice needs.

Regards,

N.