[LAU] SBLive! Platinum [CT4760P] Line-In

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Nov 5 14:19:56 EST 2007

Paul Coccoli wrote:
> On 11/5/07, Leslie P. Polzer <leslie.polzer at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a good sound card that's not the M-Audio
>> Delta, since I don't want to spend that much money right now?
>>

> I don't think you can get a "good" soundcard for less than an M-audio
> (Audiophile is cheaper than the Delta).
Not long ago I scored a Delta 66 with the Omni box for about $110. More
recently I purchased a Delta 66 and its regular breakout box (separate
purchases) for about $115. Of course, I bought them on eBay.

I know the SBLive and similar cards are much cheaper, but I used such
cards before switching to the Delta. Despite their virtues, I can't
recommend them for serious audio production.

I considered the Audiophile, but I wasn't thrilled with its connectors.

Best,

dp