[LAU] Realtime Vocoder

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Nov 9 04:23:30 EST 2007

On Thursday 08 November 2007 19:12:53 Ricardo Lobo wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> I'm trying to discover a realtime vocoder? Anyone?
>
> I found this vocoder:
>
> http://www.sirlab.de/linux/descr_vocoder.html
>
> I think everyone know this one, but for some reason I can't get it to
> work in Ubuntstudio!! Any ideas on why?

http://linuxrockstar.blogspot.com/2006/07/effect-ladspa-vocoder-howto.html

There is a LADSPA vocoder, which works.  The above blog post describes how to
patch it to have two outputs so it works as a stereo insert.

I modified my copy to output odd bands to the left channel and even bands to
the right, for a subtle stereo effect.  At some point I'll figure out a nice
clean way to patch it, and post that.

The vocoder sounds like this: http://www.gjcp.net/kelly.mp3
strings from nekostring, bass from nekobee ;-)

Gordon.