[LAU] high quality time strech

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at gmx.at
Fri Nov 9 07:16:08 EST 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 06:57:28 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Philipp Überbacher wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:56:42 +0100
> > Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> I think the result turned out quite good. Unfortunately the only
> >> solo's that survived the sound-engineerer-from-h... was the trumpet
> >> and drum chase :-( At least one cut (there are four in all) is not
> >> that well hidden, but it was at a difficult spot. But I dare you
> >> all to spot the part that was stretched to 92%!
> >>
> >> http://atte.dk/download/yo_vega.ogg
> >>

> > I didn't really listen close enough for cuts and stuff, but where
> > does that strange stereo shift come from? I mean that thing at 2:35
> > when everything moves to the right channel and back to normal?
> Hmm... I didn't hear that happen on playback here.
>
> Atte, the results sounded pretty good to me. Nice players too, I'd
> love to have access to a drummer like that. Apparently I live in a
> Forbidden Zone for decent drummers, all of them here think John
> Bonham was subtle. :(
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Oh dear, I knew that these speakers are total crap, but I wouldn't have
imagined that that level of crappyness even exists.. It appears that the
built-in amp can't handle the signal on that point in the left channel
for whatever reason, which reminds me of my desperate need for at least
half-way decent hardware.
Sorry for the noise.

Have fun, regards
	Philipp