[LAU] good players

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Fri Nov 9 14:08:28 EST 2007

On 9 November 2007 at 6:57, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> Nice players too, I'd love to have access to a drummer like
> that.  Apparently I live in a Forbidden Zone for decent
> drummers, all of them here think John Bonham was subtle. :(

You might reside in a Forbidden Zone, but here on LAU there are a
a lot of folks who can play well.  I've thought it would be fun to
have a virtual collaboration with Linux using musicians.  My
instrument happens to be drums, and my style is all over the map,
hopefully to fit the style of whichever players I'm with or the song
being played.  The last stuff I finished was 3 tunes with Kevin
Ferguson, specificly:

Liberation (straight ahead rock?)
http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/kevinferguson3-01.m3u

Awaiting the Past (bluesy)
http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/kevinferguson3-09.m3u

Mayday Macedonia (Balkan dance tune in 27/16 and phrygian mode)
http://cdbaby.com/mp3lofi/kevinferguson3-15.m3u

When time permits (I'm involved in 3 part-time projects now, plus a
day job, plus a family -- I'm sure folks here can relate) I'd really
like to do some music with other LAU people.  Is there a better place
to meet than the LAU list to discuss this?  If so, just let me know
where.

Thanks....

--
Kevin