[LAU] MIDI software question

Jeremiah Benham jjbenham at chicagoguitar.com
Sun Nov 11 01:20:50 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 23:03 -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I am looking for MIDI software that supports note entry from a QWERTY
> keyboard.  There are many fine software packages out there, but all of
> them require note entry from a MIDI keyboard or via a mouse.  I *hate*
> using the mouse when trying to make music.  Hate it, hate it, hate it.
>  So is there anything that allows note entry with a QWERTY keyboard?
> A real-time "vim for MIDI?"

I would check out Denemo.

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=denemo

The current cvs has this exciting entry mode based off of predefined
rhythms to aid in the rapid note entry. Its got alot of bugs still but I
think its a great helper for lilypond or even midi creation.  Its
written in c/gtk so its also enhance.

Jeremiah