[LAU] high quality time strech

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Sun Nov 11 07:54:34 EST 2007

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:56:42 +0100
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul Davis wrote:
>
> > there isn't anything that can do this (yet). you might try playing with
> > SoundTouch, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the timefx
> > implementations found in most proprietary applications.
>
> Ok. I ended up using transcribe (that has the best under linux I've head
> so far). It's a commercial program with a native linux version available.
>
> I think the result turned out quite good. Unfortunately the only solo's
> that survived the sound-engineerer-from-h... was the trumpet and drum
> chase :-( At least one cut (there are four in all) is not that well
> hidden, but it was at a difficult spot. But I dare you all to spot the
> part that was stretched to 92%!
>
> http://atte.dk/download/yo_vega.ogg

You've done an extremely good job on this. I couldn't find the cuts
or the stretched section, even after several auditions. A casual
listener would be totally unaware you'd had to do so much work.

They sound a really good band, well worth the effort you had to put in
to to recover the recording.

P.S.

Have they got rid of the crap^H^H^H^H sound engineer?

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk