[LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 02:49:58 EST 2007

> idea, and meet in private to work up something that would be worth
> billions in no-time!  Sure, we could call it, oh...SecondBand - avatars,
> the works!  Or, how about MusicMash where visitors to our site could
> take tracks, mix and mash, and come up with entirely unexpected
> results!  We're even toying with a new Karaoke, where instead of a
> static backing "track" we have separate tracks that allow a vocalist to
> replace or sing along with the current vocal, and same for all
> instrumentalists.  Very cool indeed.  IPO in a year, I promise.

Does anyone remember that "ResRocket" site from back in the late
90s?

That allowed collaboration on midi projects in a sort of
chat-room setting. It was a really nice program. You could pay
them for your own private "room" to collaborate with your
friends, or you could use a free public room, with the
understanding your work might not stay there for that long...

It was a really nice program, and I have been dreaming of an open
source implementation of something similar. If it had audio
capabilities as well as midi, that would be even better (and
perhaps feasible in these days of broadband)... although sound
compression to ogg stream would be required I should imagine.

I have been thinking of some community collaboration aspect to
the buzz-tracker-alike "aldrin" for some time, but have yet to
code anything.

James