[LAU] A virtual LAU chillout band

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Wed Nov 14 04:29:00 EST 2007

On 13 November 2007 at 22:21, "Alexandros Vichos" <alexandros.vichos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some time ago, I thought that it would be very interesting for
> musicians to be able to develop a piece of music online. The main idea
> was a subversion tree clone for musicians, just like it's used in the
> coders community. That way, someone can present an idea, and let
> others too work on it. If another user has a different "view" on the
> original idea, there can also be a "fork" and so and so. Once the
> project is complete, there may be more than one versions of the
> original piece.

I like the concept.  Somehow the system would need to be able to do
the likely binary file diff's ???   What formats would be used for
the data?  MIDI?  Audio?  Compressed audio?

> I don't know if someone has implemented this idea, neither have I
> searched online for something similar, but this post reminded me of
> it, and i thought it would be nice to share it with all you Linux
> Audio guys!
> -Alexandros

I wish I could remember the name of the binary file diff &
reconstruction program I saw years ago.  It was open source, but
I just can't remember the name.

--
Kevin