[LAU] LAU collaboration coordination?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sat Nov 17 10:05:55 EST 2007

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 12:34:38AM -0500, drew Roberts wrote:
> On Friday 16 November 2007 12:48:17 arisstotle.54695488 at bloglines.com wrote:
> > has anyone considered using ardour session exchange with flac audio?
>
> I thought about it. Didn't mention it. Wasdoing some research. Saw something
> indicating it got rolled into ardourt 2, couldn't find docs for that though
> so haven't mentioned anything  about it as yet... Anyone else have more info
> on this?

FLAC can't work with ardour's 32-bit float files.  But Wavpack does,
and it's free/Free.  http://www.wavpack.com/

I had a look at the trunk of ardour session exchange
(it's at
http://viewcvs.ardour.org/filedetails.php?repname=Ardour&path=%2Ftrunk%2Ftools%2Fsession_exchange.py
)
... and I didn't see anything in there about using any sort of
compression.

As for ardour itself, probably the right first step would be to add
support for wavpack to libsndfile.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com