[LAU] Error when system tries to insert snd-intel8x0

Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 06:04:49 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 23:55 -1000, david wrote:
> Whenever my system tries to insert the snd-intel8x0 module, it fails
> with this error reported by dmesg:
>
> snd_intel8x0: Unknown parameter `vid'
>
> Where could that parameter be coming from?
>
> Using Debian, I've checked /etc/modules, /etc/modprobe.d and every other
> place I can think of. Any clues?

"vid" is short for Vendor ID and is a module option that is used with
the snd-usb-audio module together with "pid" (Product ID) and "index" to
make USB audio devices with certain pids/vids use a fixed card slot.
Maybe you have edited your /etc/modprobe.d/alsabase and added a vid= in
the wrong place?

--ll