[LAU] Ardour 2.1 Mixer Levelmeters acting very slow with acpi=off

susemuse27 at gmx.de susemuse27 at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 04:46:46 EST 2007

hi,
I should have known this earlier: when starting my 2.6.24.rc2-rt1 with option "acpi=off" the audio performance increases significantly and I could be happy - but - the levelmeters in Ardour's Mixer are now acting strangely: They rise quickly but the falloff rate is at lowest level and can't be adjusted.
I've tried with a different kernel, 2.6.23.1-rt11 - it's the same. Of course I can live with that, it doesn't prevent me from enjoying my musical activity, but it takes some patience...
With acpi on action Ardour works fine.
Did anybody make similar experience and can give me a hint where to start my  investigations?
thanks
Susanne

data:
Asus Laptop AMD Athlon 64