[LAU] chrt doesn't seem to be working

David Causse nomoa at wanadoo.fr
Mon Nov 19 15:41:19 EST 2007

Ken Restivo a écrit :
> I'm having a bit of difficulty getting chrt to, um, chrt.
>
> I've written a little MIDI-processing daemon and I want it to run with high priority. It is very small and tight and I don't expect it to take up much CPU, but I definitely want it running first.
>
> So I do this:
> 	sudo /usr/bin/chrt -f -p 81 `pidof mydaemon`
>
> And then I do this:
> 	ps -Leo pid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,pcpu,stat,comm --sort -rtprio
>
> And... my daemon does *not* show up in the process list at all.

Try this :
ps Haxo pid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,pcpu,stat,comm --sort=-rtprio
--sort seems to skip some processes with the -edf syntax style, I don't
know why...
But your process won't be on top because you have set the SCHED_FIFO
wich is not rtprio.
You should use :
chrt -p 81 `pidof mydaemon`
SCHED_RT is the default.