[LAU] Ardour 2.1 Mixer Levelmeters acting very slow with acpi=off

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:53:13 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 6:52 PM, Thomas Kuther <gimpel at sonnenkinder.org> wrote:
> On Di, 20.11.07 14:42 "Susanne Schneider" <susemuse27 at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > hi everybody,
> > as an experiment on this item I compiled a kernel with modified
> > config: I removed acpi completely and additionally deactivated the
> > option "enable tickless..." (or so..). Then I booted the kernel with
> > standard options. Result: Ardour behaves as it should, everything
> > works just fine, system audio performance at it's best! Obviously
> > there is a diffenrence between booting an acpi-enabled kernel with
> > option "acpi=off" and a kernel built without acpi capabilities. Maybe
> > somebody has an explanation - I don't... thanks for attention anyway
> > Su

Hey there.

Just to share experience :
2.6.23.1-rt11 #25 PREEMPT RT Sun Nov 18 14:01:45 CET 2007 i686
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.73GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Dyn_ticks enabled
ACPI enabled
ACPI cpufreq with conservative governor
HDSP multiface (with the pcmcia cardbus)
jack latency @ 2.66 ms
ardour 2.1

No xruns (exept with a few problematic clients like xmms2 or mplayer)
no trouble with Ardour

sudo cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
hpet