[LAU] Ardour 2.1 Mixer Levelmeters acting very slow with acpi=off

Thomas Kuther gimpel at sonnenkinder.org
Wed Nov 21 18:17:46 EST 2007

On Mi, 21.11.07 18:41 Susanne Schneider <susemuse27 at gmx.de> wrote:

> yes, hpet is enabled

On my board I also have to enable HPET in the BIOS explicitly, because
it's disabled by default.
But if you do not care about power saving in any way, then acpi=off +
dyntics disabled is OK, it seems.

PS: I still can't tell my own experience on latest -rt, as uvesafb
seems to be b0rked with -rt, so I use vanilla + other patches.
But I also have acpi enabled, with dyntics, hpet clocksource - and
latency is is quite good on m-audio 2496 and a 64bit system (128
frames/period)