[LAU] Very low input from accoustic guitar pickup

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Nov 22 09:38:34 EST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2007 schrieb lanas:
> Le Mercredi, 21 Nov 2007 20:54:21 -0500,
>
> Joe Hartley <jh at brainiac.com> a écrit :
> > You need some form of preamp between the guitar and the 1010.  The
> > guitar does not provide a strong enough signal for the 1010 to handle
> > properly. An inexpensive mixer will do the trick.
> That looks OK, but I'm hesitant at getting a mixer for this purpose.
> Can you give a few product names so I can check them out and see
> exactly what you mean by inexpensive mixer ? - Thanks.

"Inexpensive mixer" will lead you to behringer. Stay away from their mixers
and preamps (they are noisy like hell and will be no quality-gain).

Mackie is good, presonus  is good, alesis seems to have some more or less
cheap preamps that are of decent quality. I am very satisfied with the
preamps of my presonus firepod.

Have fun,

Arnold
--