[LAU] mastering - do I need it?

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:09:36 EST 2007

Hi

I almost finished a cd of electronic music with my linux laptop. Now I'm
thinking about making an actual cd of it. Now I'm wondering if I need to
pay for mastering...

I think the recording sounds quite good by itself, but I have a vague
idea of mastering doing something magical to my audio. Can anything
general be said about the need for mastering of electronic music?

Also, can I do a good enough job with jamin? Are there any tutorials
that I should read? What will I be aiming for in the process,
considering I think it sounds fine already?

Any input appreciated!

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte