[LAU] I'm looking for something like a MIDI-signal router/converter

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Fri Nov 23 10:55:19 EST 2007

Sebastian Tschöpel wrote:

>I don't know if there is something like a
>in-between midi-router that could route or respectively convert MIDI
>signals so I don't have to change the source code.
>
>Does anyone knows such a tool?

Typically a MIDI router is a channel router like this one :

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/soudfontcombi/midirgui.html

For data conversion you might try JOST with the pizmidi plugins, or you
could follow the Way of Pd and code a super-MIDI-data-mangulator that
will do whatever you want.

http://www.anticore.org/jucetice/?page_id=4   (JOST home)

http://thepiz.org/dl/?p=vst   (pizmidi plugins at bottom of page)

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html   (Pd home)

I'd love to see midirgui extended to accommodate other MIDI data conversion.

Best,

dp