[LAU] chill-out band - a first stab

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Sat Nov 24 18:50:25 EST 2007

On 16 November 2007 at 16:17, plutek-infinity <plutek at infinity.net> wrote:

> perhaps it would be good for the band to have an independant
> email list -- i'm happy to set that up. what do you all think
> -- should we keep it here, or not?

I've been thinking about that question for since I first answered
DP's rhetorical "I wish I knew a good drummer like that" question.

LAU is typically about Linux audio software and its use.  Creating,
recording and sharing music is what we choose to do using Linux
tools.  Doing all that out in the open can help us all understand new
strengths and weaknesses of the tools we use, and I like the idea
that this might change organically.  I don't know where it will go,
but could we keep it here until it doesn't fit anymore?  The cross
pollination of newbies, users and developers here in a somewhat new
slant might kick out some really cool solutions, if not cool music.

That's my thought anyway....

--
Kevin