[LAU] splitting headphones output

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 06:35:49 EST 2007

Hi

I have a technical question that's not directly related to linux, but my
laptop (which is involved) is running debian and for this purpose csound...

I'd like to have an ultra easy setup with my laptop/csound and three usb
keyboards. Normally I drag three hardware keyboards, an external mixer
and my two roland cube amps. The onboard soundcard in the laptop is good
enough to be used in most situations, so I'm thinking: what would
happen, hardware wise, if I split the mini-jack output of my laptop into
two, one going to in-ears monitors, the other going to the PA? I expect
the output level will be lower, but can it damage the laptop headphones
amp, that's driving the mini-jack output?

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte

http://atte.dk       | http://myspace.com/attejensen