[LAU] qjackctl-0.3.x and 49% cpu

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Nov 27 09:33:42 EST 2007

On Tue, November 27, 2007 12:10, John Anderson wrote:
> I'm finding that qjackctl-0.3.0, 0.3.1 and 0.3.1a all use up 49% cpu. My
> box is a CoreDuo, so that's probably 100% of one cpu.
>
> qjackctl-0.2.22 doesn't do this, so I've downgraded for now.
>
> If it's a bug, what can I do to help?

symptoms are that right after jackd is started the first time, qjackctl
starts eating 98% of a cpu, isn't it?

it's a known issue on some Qt4 incarnations, specially the debian based
ones, iirc. it has been reported on at least one case that updating to a
different libqt4 makes the issue go away.

unfortunately, i never caught that behavior reproduced on any of my
opensuse 10.x boxes, nor in windows :o)

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela