[LAU] LiLAQ is going away permanently.

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Nov 28 01:09:20 EST 2007

Hi folks,

LiLAQ was an attempt to replace the old Audio Quality HOWTO with a
wiki.  It's been closed for editing for years, but it's still
available read-only at http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/FrontPage

However, I make no promises after Dec 2007.  It may be yanked at any
time, as I need to move my website to a new host before the end of
december, and I want to reduce the amount of stuff to take care of.  I
may or may not keep a static copy up at the new site for a while.

If anybody wants to take over or reuse the LiLAQ material in another
form, in whole or in part, as a wiki or in any other format, you are
welcome to do so, under the terms of the LDP license (see
http://www.tldp.org/COPYRIGHT.html).  All contributions to the
original AudioQualityHOWTO were made under the terms of the LDP
license, so it still applies to the wiki version.  A list of
contributors is at http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/AQHTContributors

This offer does not apply to any material that is not within the LiLAQ
wiki, in particular it does not apply to any other material at any
other part of slinkp.com.

There was some community interest in moving/revamping LiLAQ a couple
years ago, but I don't remember who asked about it and I don't think
anybody ever did anything with it.  If I'm wrong, please refresh my
memory :)

I will not be providing technical assistance with exporting the
material, except to note:

- A complete list of pages is at
http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/FrontPage/contents
so if you parse that and extract all relevant links you're on your
way.

- You can get raw source text of any page by appending /text to its
URL. For example, the source of
http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/RealTimeIssues is at
http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/RealTimeIssues/text

- The format used was StructuredText, as described at
http://www.slinkp.com/LiLAQ/StructuredTextRules . It probably wouldn't
be hard to write a script to massage it into some other wiki format,
but I don't have time to help you with that.

I'll post another warning when I'm about to pull the plug.
Fire up those wget scripts :-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com