[LAU] Internet Music players?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 06:26:57 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 10:41 PM, David Haggett <david at haggett.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 November 2007, Joe Hartley wrote:
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:57:30 -0800
> >
> > "Mark Knecht" <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >    Just wondering if anyone here has any good experiences to share
> > > about hardware music players that can link up with Internet radio
> > > stations, song streaming sites like Pandora, as well as home file
> > > servers?
> >
> > I've got a Slim Devices Squeezebox, and really like it.
> >    http://slimdevices.com/
>
> I'll second that.  Really nice, and the media server works flawlessly on
> Linux.  Needs a paid-up account to work with Pandora (you get 1 month free)
> so might be a problem if you're not in the US.
>
> Bit pricy perhaps but sound quality is very good.
>
> --
>
> David Haggett

Thanks. That was the name brand box I couldn't remember. I think the
price is a bit higher than I wanted to pay this Christmas but it's got
exactly the right functionality. The Roku doesn't play ogg or FLAC
which apparently the Squeezebox does.

Do you all subscribe to Rhapsody or just use it with free services?

Thanks,
Mark