[LAU] anybody know anything equivalent to this for linux?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:02:05 EST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 4:36 PM, thomas fisher <studio1 at commspeed.net> wrote:

> On Thursday 29 November 2007 23:56:23 Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > Yes, piece of cake with Pd.  Would need some kind of external library;
> > the hid and tot libraries come to mind for input sensing, and gripd
> > and tot both have fancy GUI support (Pd's GUI support is probably
> > sufficient, but not as pretty).
> > In any case the hard part would be making sure your tablet has a Linux
> > driver.  Writing the driver would not be such a piece of cake...
> >
> > -Chuckk
>
> Chuck could a Wacom be utilized?
> Tom

It depends how well it's supported with Linux drivers; I believe most
Wacom tablets work well.  Is there a specific model you want to know
about?
If you can translate tablet input to mouse input, it'd work.  If not,
there are other ways that I'm not so sure about.

-Chuckk

--
http://www.badmuthahubbard.com