[LAU] : Jackd and Qjackctl precision...

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Nov 30 10:51:22 EST 2007

Hi,

I can try to explain some of the items.

Am Sonntag, 25. November 2007 schrieb Mysth-R:
> In qjackctl Settings, there are these parameters :
> * No Memory Lock

Don't lock any memory at all. Can be bad with low RAM, because then the memory
to synchronize the different jack-clients can get swapped -> very bad.

> * Unlock Memory

Try to unlock some memory after starting of the clients so that gui-memory can
be shared and swapped (if needed).

> * Soft Mode

Ignore all the XRuns reported by the driver. Can make sense when you are just
testing or when you are playing synths with very low latency...

> * Monitor

Double the data sent to the hw-outputs on monitor-inputs. Just activate it and
see whats happening in the connection list.

> * H/W Monitor

Same but try to use hw support on devices that support it.

> * Timeout

When a client (in the realtime-audio-processing thread) takes longer than this
time, its kicked. Maximum is 5000, I am using 4500 when recording.

> * Start Delay

Delay of qjackctl between starting jack and trying to register as a client.
Normally its 2 seconds, should be set higher on slow systems if you get
errors about being not able to connect to jack.

Hope that helps,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/