[LAU] Kontakt 2 format

John Anderson ardour at semiosix.com
Thu Oct 4 15:14:03 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-04 at 18:01 +0200, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:52:07PM +0000, John Anderson wrote:
> > Hi y'all
> >
> > There's a sample library I'm looking at, which comes in Kontakt 2
> > format. I can't find any linux apps supporting kontakt 2 format. Is this
> > because of patent issues, or just because nobody's had the time to do
> > it?
>
> why dont you use kontakt 2 then ?

Well, because I *like* linux audio, wine is a pain in the arse, my
wife's mac doesn't have the processing power to run kontakt, and the
only windows box I have is ancient and only for those times when one
can't open a document in linux. Besides which, I don't own kontakt and I
don't particularly want to buy it.

> i dont think there will be something free playing kontakt 2.

There isn't, as far as I can tell. I'm wondering if that's because of
patent issues, or just because nobody's had the time to do it.

bye
John