[LAU] ADAT cards

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 21:13:41 EDT 2007

On 10/6/07, Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:
> On 2007-10-06 10:20, Loki Davison wrote:
> > > My echo card is about half height, though it's not just adat, the
> > > gina3g is adat and 2 mic pre's or the layla is more analog ins/outs.
> > >
> > >  http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan05/images/echolayla3g.l.jpg
>
> Do these cards function "fully" with their ALSA drivers ?
>
> Or should I say, is there anything that does NOT work ?
>
> --markc

Eerything works fine. My Gina3G is fantastic. I can't really judge the
quality of the mic pre's as I don't have much experience with other
pre's but they sound great for what I do. DI'ed bass using the
universal inputs  sounds better than using an external DI or modeller
and running it to line ins. Echomixer works very well and it's easy to
control everything. Never had any xrun problems with the echo and you
can run it at whatever jack buffer you want. The little one (gina) is
10 in 14 out. Only 2 analog in + adat. Unit is very solid.

Loki