[LAU] Realtime, but many xruns when jack is started. Debian Etch

Rick Wright riwright at vt.edu
Mon Oct 8 13:03:16 EDT 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:

>On Monday 08 October 2007 09:13, porl sheean wrote:
>

>>if it were me, and the only problem left is one irq priority setting, i
>>would add a chrt line in the startup options manually (after rtirq). that
>>way you aren't messing with anything else.
>>
>>porl
>>

>Yes. That might be the easiest thing to do. I'll leave it as is at the moment,
>but if I see any problems, I'll use Rick Wrights one liner in rc.local.
>
>chrt -p -f 86 `pidof "IRQ-10"`

Nigel,

I appreciate the recognition for pointing you at this one line bit of RT
magic.  However, this little gem was not my cleverness, but rather
something contributed by one of the other LAU members ~2 years back (the
proof is surely in the archives).  The real credit goes to this
community for the vast collection of knowledge, experience, and
willingness to help!

Anyhow, I'm glad it's working for you and I agree with Porl's idea that
you simply use it to patch up any remaining issues after rtirq does it's
configuring.

Good luck,
Rick