[LAU] Digital room correction

sam javor zekthedeadcow at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 18:00:19 EDT 2007

> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 23:01:22 +0200
> From: julien at c-lab.de
> To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
> Subject: [LAU] Digital room correction
>
> Hello folks!
> I'll get a pare of studio near field monitors (Behringer MS40) very soon.
> Will it be possible with them and my middle class mic to do digital room
> correction?
> About the speakers: They say: 50something to 25kHz +/-3 DB and the mic is an
> xray live mic. Can I record a good enough impulse response to do DRC?
> Kindest regards
> Julien

short answer is no.

I can't find any information on the mic...but if it's dynamic it won't remotely work for pinking a room

The goal is to determine what the speakers are outputting by recording with a 'flat' reference mic.... and then adjusting EQ to flatten the speakers.  If the mic isn't flat then theres no point because you will over compensate in areas when the mic is colored...

so... lets say there's a 2db bump in the speakers and mic at  3khz... you'll end up cutting 4db at 3khz to flatten when you referenced but you were only supposed to cut 2db...