[LAU] heavy metal guitar sounds please?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Oct 11 15:07:30 EDT 2007

Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> On 10/11/07, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
>> I'm having trouble finding a good source of heavy metal guitar sounds on
>> Linux. Any suggestions?
> I was too.
>
>> I'm even open to commercial solutions if they're cheap.
> Line6 PODxt or POD X3 (just released) is your saviour.
> I don't think you'll find anything better for the money.
> Buy a used one if you want it cheaper.
>
> Or look for used Boss GT-6.

Hm, a piece of hardware. That's one way to do it. Thanks for the
suggestion, I'll think about it. I'm not biased towards either hardware
or software solutions.
Hmm, do I still have open ports on the Delta 1010?

Also, it's just an amplifier. Well, OK, I guess I'll have to dig through
the sound banks on my sampler for the sound of a non-distorted guitar to
feed through the amplifier. I forgot to mention - I'm a keyboard player
(and an awfully bad one too, so don't think of Jan Hammer doing "guitar
riffs" on the keyboard, lol).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/